China Visa Canada Service

Mailing Address:
Access Asia Tours
581 Hillcrest Street
Coquitlam, BC V3J 6N7
BC Reg #29293
Office Hours:
9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday
10:00am to 4:30pm Saturday
Phone & Email
China Visa FAQ
Q1: When is the best time to apply for my Chinese visa? Since the Consulate issues multiple entry tourist L and business M visa to Canadians and the visa will be valid up to 9 years, there is no timeline limitation in terms of when you would like to submit the application. However, for other types of visas, eg. F, Z, X or foreign passport holders, we recommend that you apply 1-2 months prior to your travel date, since single entry visa is only valid for 3 months.
Q2: How long is a Chinese visa valid for? The validity of a Chinese visa can be anywhere from 3 months to 9 years depending on the type of visa you request. Normally a single entry visa is valid for 3 months, a double entry visa for 6 months, a multiple entry visa for 1 to 9 years depending on your passport validity. The validity of a visa starts from the date of issue, and applicant needs to enter China before the expiration date listed on the visa.
Q3: How long can I stay in China with a Chinese visa? The time you could actually stay in China, or "duration of stay after entry" is usually 60 days per entry for tourist L and Business/Trade M visas. For non-business F visa, the Consulate will issue number of days corresponding to the invitation letter. For work Z or student X visa, the Consulate will issue 000 days durational stay, you will need to go to a local Public Security Bureau office to change to a Resident Permit.
Q4: Do I have to send you my passport? Is it safe to send a passport? Yes. You will need to send your actual passport, not a copy of it. The Chinese visa is stamped on your passport and will become one of your passport pages. Visa request cannot be processed without your original passport. Because of the importance of your passport, we strongly suggest that you send your application in a secure way. Using a traceable courier such as Purolator, FedEx. UPS, or Xpresspost.
Q5: I need Chinese visas for two people. Can I send them in one package? How should I calculate the fees? When you send an application for more than one person, you can send all applications in one package. If all passports are to be returned to the same address, you need to pay only one return shipping fee. Chinese Consulate fees and our service fees, however, are charged one per person.
Q6: Can I use my own Courier account number for return shipping? Yes, you can. To do that, you could either include a prepaid courier waybill, envelope or write down your courier account number on your order form.
Q7: I will travel between Hong Kong and the mainland China multiple times. Do I need a multiple entry visa? Yes, you do need a multiple entry visa for that purpose. Each time you enter China from Hong Kong or Macao, it is considered one entry.
Q8: I'm not a Canadian citizen. Can you still process my visa application? We help citizens of all countries to get a Chinese visa as long as they are legally residing in Canada. Non-Canadian citizen must submit an original and a copy of their PR Card or valid long term Canadian visa (work or study) in addition to their original passport. The PR card or permit need to be valid for more than 6 months. Canadian tourist visas are not accepted.
Q9: Do I need a visa for Hong Kong and Macao? Canadian citizens as well as citizens of most countries in North America and Europe can visit Hong Kong and Macao without a visa. Citizens of other countries can check the Hong Kong government website to see if you need a visa. You can also call us for information.
Q10: I'm going to China on January 1, and my visa expires on January 10. Can I still stay for 30 days? Yes, you can. As long as you enter China before the expiration date, you can stay for 30 to 60 days as specified on your visa. The duration of stay starts from the day you enter China.
Q11: What are the fees involved in visa application? Total costs of visa application include Consular Visa Fees, Service Fees and Return Shipping Fee. Consular Visa Fees are fees paid to the Consulate and/or its visa center. The Service Fee is charged for the services performed by us. Shipping Fee is for the return of your completed documentation by Purolator, FedEx,  or Xpresspost. When you send in applications for more than one person, you could send all applications in one package. If all passports are to be returned to the same address, you need to pay only one return shipping charge. Chinese Consulate fees and our service fees, however, are on a per person basis.
Q12: My passport expires in 9 months, can I still get a 12-month multiple entry visa? No, you can't. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from date of application in order to get a visa. If your passport has 9 month validity remaining, you can obtain 6 month multiple entry visa. If your passport has less than 8 month remaining, you can only obtain single entry visa.
Q13: If I have a Canadian passport or Canadian Citizenship and a British passport (or some other non-British passport), I would like the Chinese visa to be issued in my British passport so I can travel on that passport, will this be possible? If you have both Canadian and British passports (or another foreign passport), you can apply visa on your British passport, and you also need to provide copy of your Canadian passport. However, you can obtain multiple entry on your Canadian passport, but single or double entry only on your British passport.
Q14: I have been offered a job in China and want my spouse and children to accompany me. What type of visa do my family members need to obtain? They can get Companion Visas (S visa). For more detail requirements of this visa, check out:
Q15: When it says to affix a passport photo, does that mean I must glue or tape the photo to the application? You can leave it loose in your package and we will do it for you.
Q16: I am going to China on tourism and have no inviter nor relative in China. How do I complete sections 4.7 - 4.10 on the visa application? You can write N/A or None in those fields, but please do not leave them blank.
Q17: My Canadian passport is expiring in 4 months, would I be able to get a single entry visa valid for 3 months? No, you can't. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months, from the date of application, in order to receive a visa.
Q18: I am a crew member holding a crew visa for China. I would like to travel to China this time as a tourist. May I apply for a tourist visa and still keep my crew visa? You can get a single entry visa if you already have a crew visa on your passport.
Q19: I have a one-way ticket only, can I get a visa? Yes. The Chinese Consulate does not require that you provide roundtrip air tickets now .
Q20: I frequently travel to China for business. How can I get a multiple entry visa? Currentlym, the Chinese Consulate may issue up to 9 years validity multiple entry tourist and business visas for Canadians. The visa validity is your passport validity minus one year.
Q21: How should I send my application to you? We highly recommend that you send it via a secured courier, such as Purolator, FedEx, DHL, UPS, Xpresspost, etc. We normally use Purolator, FedEx, or Xpress Post to return your documents back to you.
Q22: I plan to visit SE Asia after this China trip. Can you also help me with applying for other visas? Yes. For your convenience and to save your time, we can help you apply for visas to other countries as well. In the past, we have helped people getting their Indian visa, Myanmar visa, Korean visa, etc.  So please check with us if you have such need.

Copyright © 2009-2012 China Visa Canada Service ® All rights reserved.  Powered by Borvon